Trevian 18U Team
Recruiters: Click on any player’s name to view her full player profile.
Tryout information: Next tryouts will be July 2020.
Messages from the Coach
HEAD COACH: Al Dolinko
ASSISTANT COACHES: Jim Fisher, Dana Dolinko
Trevians 18 head coach Al Dolinko is in his fourteenth season coaching girls fastpitch softball. He has been an assistant or head coach at every age level from 10U-18U.
Al was a TGSA coach from 2007-2011. During those years, every team Al helped coach finished at or above .500. In 2011, Al’s 14U Blue team won 50 games and finished tied for 9th at ASA B Northern Nationals. That team produced six players who went on to play NCAA softball. Al also ran the Trevian Tournament four times.
From the fall of 2011-2016, Al was an assistant coach with the Vernon Hills Stingers. The 2012 14U Stingers Gold team won the USSSA Illinois B State Championship. From 2013-2016, Al was privileged to work alongside long-time Stingers head coach Dave Doerhoefer.
In July 2016, Al returned to TGSA to head coach the Trevians 18. In Fall 2017, Al’s Trevians 18 team won the Heartland Series USA Softball A National Qualifier, earning a bid to USA Softball A Nationals.
As Trevians 18 head coach, Al’s first goal is to help players interested in playing in college find the “right fit”, academically and athletically. Al’s second goal is for every player to become successful in life after high school. Al’s third goal is for the Trevians 18 to be highly competitive every season.
Al is ably assisted by long-time friend Jim Fisher, a co-coach of the 2011 14U Blue team, and by his daughter Dana Dolinko (New Trier 2015), a Trevians alumnae who played NCAA softball for Union College (2019) in Schenectady, N.Y.
During the day, Al is a business law litigator with Robinson Curley, P.C. Al also served for sixteen years on the school boards of Wilmette elementary District 39 and New Trier High School.
- 2019 (Trevians 18) Rock the Awareness PGF Midwest Regional Qualifier Runners Up
- 2018 (Trevians 18) USA Softball A Northern Nationals (t-5)
- 2017 (Trevians 18) Heartland Series USA Softball A National Qualifier Champions
- 2016 (VH Stingers 14U DD) ASA B Northern Nationals (t-13)
- 2016 (VH Stingers 14U DD) McHenry County Heatwave NAFA A National Qualifier Runners Up
- 2016 (VH Stingers 14U DD) BNGSA Field of Dreams Champions
- 2015 (VH Stingers 14U DD) Bloomingdale Blast Fallout ASA NNQ Runners Up
- 2012 (VH Stingers 14U Gold) USSSA Central Region B World Series (t-17)
- 2012 (VH Stingers 14U Gold) USSSA Illinois B State Champions
- 2012 (VH Stingers 14U Gold) Elgin Heat Tournament Champions
- 2011 (TGSA 14U Blue) ASA B Northern Nationals (t-9)
- 2011 (TGSA 14U Blue) Heartland Shootout Runners Up
- 2011 (TGSA 14U Blue) Trevian Tournament A (Red) Division Runners Up
- 2011 (TGSA 14U Blue) Illinois State Games Runners Up
- 2010 (TGSA 14U Blue) Glenview Pumpkin Classic Champions
- 2010 (TGSA 12U Blue) ASA B Northern Nationals (t-7)
- 2009 (TGSA 12U Green) Vernon Hills Koopman Classic Black Division Runners Up
ASSISTANT COACHES: Jim Fisher, Dana Dolinko
Trevians 18 Assistant Coach Dana Dolinko was a Trevian for the first six years of her travel softball career (2006-2011). She was a member of the New Trier Varsity in 2014 and 2015, catching in 2014 and pitching in 2015. Her senior high school season (2015) she earned Central Suburban League All-Conference honors , was the 22nd Century Media All-Area First Team pitcher, and was awarded New Trier’s Ari Chester Memorial Scholarship. She then played for Union College in Schenectady, New York, where she was in the lineup virtually every inning of every game while there, starting 120 games as either a pitcher, second baseman or shortstop. She made 84 pitching appearances in four seasons, starting 66 games, and throwing 29 complete games. She tossed a total of 343 innings in her college career (9th place all-time at Union) and racked up 126 strikeouts. As a senior co-captain, she hit .304, with 10 doubles, 1 triple and 1 home run, with 24 RBI and a team-high 45 total bases. Dana earned Liberty League All-Academic Team honors all three years she was eligible (2017-2019), and was a Division III NFCA All-American Scholar Athlete in both 2018 and 2019. A combined biology/physics major, Dana plans to attend medical school. In the meantime, Dana assists her dad on the Trevians 18 team, and enjoys working with him and bringing her knowledge of the game to the high-level of competitive travel softball played by the Trevians 18.
TEAM FOOTAGE & NEWS
Tryouts for Trevian 10U, 12U, 14U, 16U, and 18U teams. We recommend attending 2 tryouts if possible.
When: July and August 2020 | Where: 401 Wagner Rd., Northfield, IL